A number of roads across Calderdale have been affected by the severe floods on Boxing Day.
Teams are working hard to keep the borough moving, but some continued travel disruption is unavoidable due to flooding damage and safety reasons.
Many people will be returning to work or school tomorrow (Monday 4 January), so ahead of the morning’s commute Calderdale Council is advising people to allow extra time for their journeys and to check before they travel.
Here is a list of current road, bridge and towpath closures in the borough. For updates please keep checking @Calderdale on Twitter, Calderdale Council on Facebook and the Council’s website, www.calderdale.gov.uk
- Elland Bridge, Elland – closed for the foreseeable future due to structural damage. Police will be there during the morning rush hour on Monday 4 January to help direct people. Diversions are in place – there is access from Brighouse via Elland Road / Park Road onto the bypass but not into Elland – please find an alternative route. The diversion to Elland is via the bypass / Stainland Road and into West Vale.
- Mayroyd Lane, Hebden Bridge – closed for safety reasons due to the condition of the lane following the flooding. Residents can use Palace House Road as the alternative.
- Midgley Road, Mytholmroyd – closed due to a collapsed wall.
- North Dean Road, Copley – closed due to the collapse of Copley Bridge.
- Scout Road, Mytholmroyd – closed due to a landslide.
- Footbridge between Bridge Lanes to Hebden Vale Centre, Hebden Bridge – footbridge closed.
- Towpath East of Woodhouse Road, Todmorden – canal towpath closed near Woodhouse Road.
- Footbridge between Hollins Mill Lane and playing fields, Sowerby Bridge – footbridge closed.
There are some temporary traffic lights which are causing some delays. Please be patient or if possible avoid these areas. The temporary lights are between Hebden Bridge and Mytholmroyd (investigations are underway following movement of the road) and in the centre of Mytholmroyd due to gas board works (the town centre temporary traffic lights are expected to be in place all week).