It’s time for local residents in Calderdale to help shape plans for development in Calderdale over the next 15 years.
The Council is now starting work on the Land Allocations and Designations Plan which will identify sites which could be developed and areas that will be protected from development. This could be anything ranging from housing, employment, retail, and waste management, to open spaces, green belt and environmental protection areas.
Community engagement workshops will be taking place in February and March 2014 around Calderdale and details are available on the Council’s website.
Calderdale Council’s Cabinet Member for Economy and Environment, Cllr Barry Collins said:
“This is a chance for local people to help shape the future for development in their own areas. We’re keen to get the views of as many residents as possible about which site allocations and designations should be included in the plan for Calderdale. We also want people to comment on potential sites which have already been put forward.”
Ten events will be held around Calderdale in February and March 2014 which will give local people a chance to attend the workshop that will focus on their local area.
- Sowerby Bridge – St Pauls Church, Tower Hill, Monday 3 February 2014, 7pm until 9pm
- Hebden Bridge – Hebden Bridge Town Hall, Thursday 6 February 2014, 7pm until 9pm
- Brighouse – Brighouse High School Sixth Form Centre, Mulberry Suite, Monday 17 February 2014, 7pm until 9pm
- Elland – Wainwright Hall, Jepson Lane, Wednesday 19 February 2014, 7pm until 9pm
- Halifax South – Heath Training and Development Centre, Room N, Free School Lane, Wednesday 26 February 2014, 7pm until 9pm
- Todmorden – Roomfield Baptist Church, Halifax Road, Tuesday 6 March 2014, 7pm until 9pm
- Ryburn – Ripponden Community Centre, St Bartholomew’s Church, Old Bank, Tuesday 11 March 2014, 7pm until 9pm
- Halifax North – ThreeWays Centre (Former Ridings School), Nursery Lane, Tuesday 18 March, 7pm until 9pm
- Luddendenfoot and Mytholmroyd – St Michaels Centre, Mytholmroyd, Wednesday 19 March 2014, 7pm until 9pm
- Northowram and Shelf – Shelf Village Hall, Tuesday 4 March 2014, 7pm until 9pm
If you would like to attend a workshop, please let us know in advance which session you would like to attend. You can do this by visiting our website(external link), by email email@example.com, by post – Spatial Planning Team, Planning and Highways, Calderdale Council, Northgate House, Northgate, Halifax, HX1 1UN or by calling 01422 392206.
Please let us know your name, contact details and which session you would like to attend. Further information about Calderdale’s Local Plan can be found at Calderdale Local Plan.