Calderdale Council has worked with people in Skircoat to firm up details of its local parking review and residents’ permit scheme.
This has been developed in response to concerns expressed by residents over a number of years about parking around Calderdale Royal Hospital. The Council has carefully considered all comments it has received.
Proposals were discussed with residents at a drop in session held at Heath Training Centre in November 2012. These have been revised extensively following all the feedback received. The revised scheme will now progress towards a formal Traffic Regulation Order.
The key changes following discussion are:
- Pay and display hours of operation. Changed to 8am to 7pm, Monday to Friday (previously 8am to 8pm, Monday to Sunday).
- Resident permit parking in Dudwell Lane and Godfrey Road will be retained. A previous proposal to introduce combined resident permit / Pay and Display parking on a first come first served basis in these areas has been withdrawn.
- Permit zone hours of operation. There will be two permit zones: an inner zone close to the hospital of 24 hours, 7 days a week and an outer zone between 8am and 7pm.
- Greenroyd, Rawson and Lea Avenues added to the permit controlled zone.
- No parking in the central part of Dudwell Lane.
- A resident permit zone combined with 30 minutes limited public parking in the vicinity of All Saints’ School to accommodate pick-up / drop-off times.
Calderdale Council’s Cabinet Member for Economy and Environment, Cllr Barry Collins, says:
“We have listened to local people and updated the proposals to take their views about parking into account wherever possible. I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this consultation, which has resulted in a deliverable proposal and should help bring order to the parking situation on roads around the hospital.”
Details of the revised scheme will be on display at the Town Hall and Heath Training Centre in Halifax from Friday 4 January 2013. The revised scheme can also be found on Calderdale Councils website:Skircoat Parking Review
Posters will be displayed in the Skircoat area to let local people know where the plans can be found online.