Community groups in Calderdale are being reminded that funding of up to £500 is still available as part of the Council’s ward forum grants schemes.
Applications for funding are welcomed from groups looking for financial support with a specific project or those looking to improve facilities in their ward.
Calderdale Council’s Cabinet Member for Communities and Neighbourhood Services, Cllr Susan Press, said:
“Thousands of local people have benefitted since the programme began in 2014. Ward forum grants are available right across Calderdale and each ward has £5000 to distribute throughout the financial year.
“We’re encouraging groups to get in touch and apply for funds to support an initiative or improve facilities in their local community.”
To be eligible for a ward forum grant, the groups need:
- A constitution
- Bank account
- Safeguarding policy
Just some of the groups from across Calderdale to have benefitted from ward forum grants, include:
- Elland Juniors Cricket Club (Elland) – towards equipment for young people
- Sowood Women’s Institute (Greetland and Stainland) – to help reinstate missing WW1 memorials
- Royd Regeneration (Luddendenfoot) – towards this year’s Christmas market
- Asian Women’s Advice And Support Group (Park) – for litter pickers and community litter bins
- Maurice Jagger Centre (Town) – for a Christmas meal for local elderly and disabled people
- Todmorden Integrate (Todmorden) – towards the Community Iftar catering and literature
For more information about ward forum grants and how to apply in each ward, visit